Leadership • P&L Responsibility • Consumer Products & Services • Strategic Planning
Branding • Culture Agent • Promotion & Advertising • Broadcast Promotions • Media / Web Strategies
Senior Executive and Marketing Leader: Accomplished marketing strategist with a career distinguished by impressive achievements in driving marketing initiatives generating outstanding returns utilizing a “positioning” approach to marketing, sales, and advertising. Fascinated by developing ideas and thrives on achievement, taking ownership for commitments, and drawn to the process of learning, developing strong sense of pride in employees by building culture with team members, maintaining the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
Entrepreneurial Experience / Start-ups / Turnaround Management: Provided guidance, advice and solutions implementing strategic plans partnering closely with owners, presidents, banks and top executives improving profitable sales and cash flows, capable of managing multiple, concurrently running environments with outstanding achievements.
Proven Record: All Major Corporate Functions & Acquisitions: Identify and capitalize on unique opportunities to drive revenues and responsibilities for strategic market planning, product introduction, sales, pricing, packaging, broadcast promotions, media strategy, retail distribution, advertising, and budgeting/forecasting. Directed acquisitions of numerous companies; initial analysis, due diligence and contract negotiations including recording studios, web commerce companies and multiple market radio station acquisitions.
Creative Direction: Producing award-winning creative, art & graphic, music albums, radio/television commercials, films, videos and jingles. Television credits: America’s Most Wanted, Current Affair, Inside Edition, Unsolved Mysteries, CNN, Channel One, and In Sports Network. Billboard Magazine recognized outstanding performance in developing multi-market Hispanic live music events and promotions for Pepsi. Over 15 awards for creative, packaging, radio, outdoor, point of purchase from SA Advertising Federation, GMA and American Advertising Federation.
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS & SKILLS
- Grew online consumer web sales over 300% at www.swiftwick.com. Since joining the company, shifted a branding content focus to drive marketing initiatives in both consumer and dealer markets. Grew Dealer online sales from 20% to over 55% monthly, improving deliveries, order consistency, accuracy and turnaround time. Lead Swiftwick in Branding initiative and rollout in 2016 & 2017. Built team approach with the marketing department to grow consumer awareness, support dealer initiatives and expand the brand reach. Designed strategies for Consumers targeted through social media, online and email campaigns to reach and grow engagement. Developed a communications plan centered on content management and targeted outlets, designing messaging target to consumer interests. Increased frequency took dormant communications channels and substantially improved messaging. Set up metrics and analytics to measure performance in audience growth, social engagement, consumer sales and dealer engagement. Statistics and analytics are gathered and measured daily to insure the company is tracking its goals and accomplishments. Monthly measurements and trends against previous periods are also measured to determine seasonal trends and movement. Dramatically improving consumer engagement, growth in consumer sales and dealer sales in B2B. Created Brand advocacy program engaging enthusiastic athletes, ambassadors and advocates building a nationwide network community of over 1,000 members to advance the Brand and Culture of Swiftwick. Recognized as CMO of the Year 2015 Nashville Business Journal for work done with Swiftwick.
- Branding, Content Focusing & Traffic Growth increasing visits over 800% for www.nashville.com. Visits grew from 55k monthly to over 505k monthly driving the site to an Alexa ranking breaking 10k and doubling monthly ad revenue.
- Streamlined Backlog Process and designed reporting resulting in reducing Past Due Orders by 90%, Designed and created CRM system for staff of 6 Sales Reps. Redesigned Project Management System and Integrated with CRM to improve Customer Service, Sales growth over 30% annual, first growth in 3 consecutive years of flat sales, Designed and implemented overall strategic direction and branding for the company and subsidiaries for AIM SOLUTIONS which provides manufacturing, 3pl, creative services and distribution to a diverse range of content creators and products like Dave Ramsey, Paddywax, Dr. Brown’s.
- Designed products, branding strategies and online sales systems for Tom Jackson Productions, growing sales over 62% annually. Online traffic and audience growth in excess of 100% year over year.
- Instrumental in growing revenues from $3 million in 2003 to a projected $25 million in 2006, as Chief Marketing Officer for Weston Entertainment (2001-2006). Directed marketing and sales of 14 companies’ dramatically growing revenue. Provided strategic & creative direction leading all marketing/branding initiatives. Managed Radio Broadcast properties and Radio Syndication. Lead in acquisitions of complimentary companies and negotiations.
- Billboard Magazine exposure, national retail distribution and Top-Ten radio single releases for critically acclaimed artists as President of Independent Record Label (1997-2001). Developed affordable release program promoting independent artists, identifying early web trend of marketing and promotion including utilizing MP3s and online promotion.
- Orchestrated turnaround and improved profitability as Senior Consultant (1988-1997) working with key accounts (Dell, IBM, Johnson Controls, Motorola, etc.), national/international sales and distribution, designed inside/key account sales, rep management, key account contracting, product line development/packaging, product positioning and pricing. Positioned Kelly Bank, owned by Tom Benson (also Saints NFL owner), full service bank with local and international customer base, for sale to Norwest Financial developing marketing and promotional plans, customer retention program packaging services and branding.
- Skills: Strong leadership abilities to create a culture of accomplishment focusing on the company vision. Exceptional presentation and communication skills, highly personable, capable of working with other CEOs, family controlled businesses and major corporate brands. Proficient in creating implementable strategies and solutions under deadline. Creative executive capable of managing all levels of budgets and getting the entire “team on the bus.”
CAREER OVERVIEW / ENTREPRENEURIAL AND STRATEGIC EXPERIENCE
- WESTGATE MARKETING – Business Strategist, Nashville, TN 2006-Present
- WESTON ENTERTAINMENT – Chief Marketing Officer, San Antonio, TX / Nashville, TN 2001-2006
- RHYTHM HOUSE RECORDS – President, San Antonio, TX / Nashville, TN 1997-2001
- MARKETING STRATEGIES – Senior Consultant, San Antonio, TX 1988-97
- STOUT ADVERTISING – Taco Bell, Automotive, Radio, Hi-Tech, Entertainment, Medical, Consumer Products 1982-1988
BBA Marketing – Texas State University/Southwest Texas State University